Saturday, June 23, 2007

Email from Trena - Friday, June 22, 2007

Hi, everyone~

Evan is stabilized and is off his breathing respirator this afternoon. He is holding his own but still can not move his head very much. Not that he does not try to but they don't want him to do that this soon.

The MRI taken this morning showed that the surgery yesterday got about 95% of the tumor. The pathology report, that will come back in 10-14 days, will determine if it is malignant or not.

Our greatest prayer request, at this point, is that his little body will take care of the extra brain fluid so that he does not have to have surgery next week to put a shunt in. This will be determined in the next few days and if he has to have one put in, the surgery for that will be on Wednesday, I think the date is the 27th.

Tami is here with me right now. Tanna left this morning and so did Don and Trish. They stayed to see what the MRI report showed and then headed back to their homes. We are so blessed to have so many caring and loving people that have prayed and prayed for us. Believe me, we feel your prayers and know that God is working.

In a sort of way, I feel like I am reliving our house fire tradegy of 4 years ago that happened the 30th of this month. Tami and Tanna were there being such a wonderful support for me when all I could do was cry 4 years ago, and they have stepped up once again. What a blessing they have been!

Thank you again, everyone for your many prayers and continued prayers and support! We love you and thank God for each of you!!

Blessings, David and Trena

P.S. For those of you who might not be aware of this situation, I will give you a quick run down. Monday, Evan (our 21 month old son) was diagnosed with a very large brain tumor, which was surgically removed yesterday after a 5 hr. 20 min. surgery at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital. The tumor was the size of a baseball that was removed.

2 comments:

Treca Robinson said...

Hello Evan, Trena, and David,

The children and I were trying to find a scripture to fit our situation. We tried and tried to thumb through and find one last night with no success. Then in the quiet of the service at church this morning I opened my Bible to find these verses.

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.

I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good things."

Psalms 16:1-2 NIV

Hear, O Lord, my righteous plea; listen to my cry.

Give ear to my prayer...

Psalms 17:1 NIV

and later this afternoon I was lead to these verses...

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

Psalms 4:1 NIV

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Psalms 4:8 NIV

We love you and are praying for you.

Love,

Auntie Treca

Anonymous said...

To David & Trena & little Evan. June 25, 2007 4:30 pm Wow! We just heard of the problem with little Evan. We will keep him and you folks in our prayers and concerns. Our Lord is in control but we would like Him to heal Evan and bring him Home to live out his life for The Lord. We will be keeping watch on the Bolg for his progression back to health Lord willing. Love to all, Cousins Rodney and Lois Bell e-mail rodneybell@mynikken.net